Paola Armeni gained great insight in legal court proceedings while serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Joseph T. Bonaventure of the Eighth Judicial District Court in Las Vegas, Nevada. As an attorney, she has participated in the only impeachment hearing of a Nevada public official, assisted in several high profile criminal cases tried in both the United States District Court and Eighth Judicial District Court. She has also been successful in civil rights actions against the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, most recently receiving a jury award of approximately 2.1 million dollars.
- Represented a client in a civil rights action where the jury awarded in excess of 2 million dollars in damages; Ninth Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Represented a client in a civil rights action where the jury awarded a damage award in excess of $100,000 including punitive damages; Ninth Circuit affirmed the judgment.
- Represented a client in a civil rights action before the Ninth Circuit and successfully defended the denial of summary judgment by the district court judge.
- Represented a client charged with murder; client was acquitted.
- Represented a client charged with activities related to mortgage fraud. Despite a 46-month sentence recommended, was able to obtain a sentence with no jail time.
- Represented a client charged with social security fraud, client received probationary sentence.
- Represented a client charged with attempted murder; client acquitted on attempted murder charge and received probation on remaining counts.
- Represented a client in mortgage fraud case where the government was recommending a 12-month sentence of incarceration, client received one month of incarceration.
- Represented a client in a drug case where she was successful in suppressing all evidence seized resulting in a dismissal of the case.
- Ms. Armeni was selected as the recipient of the Myrna Williams Children’s Pro Bono Award by the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. This award is given in honor of Myrna Williams, and recognizes an attorney who has done an extraordinary job in giving a voice to our communities’ most vulnerable victims.
- Ms. Armeni also received the “40 Under 40” Award from the Las Vegas Business Press for 2012 and received the inaugural Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the State Bar of Nevada in 2011.
- She has been selected as a Super Lawyer in 2014-2015 and recognized by Super Lawyers® Magazine as Mountain States Rising Star for years 2009-2013. This tremendous distinction is shared by only 2.5% of the state’s total attorneys.
- She received the inaugural William S. Boyd School of Law 2008 College Alumni of the Year.
- Ms. Armeni was selected by her peers as one of the top attorneys in Nevada and recognized in the Nevada Business Magazine as a Legal Elite. She is among only 1% of Nevada attorneys to be named as such in 2012 – 2013. She was also selected as one of Nevada Business Magazine’s, Top 50 Up & Coming Attorneys for 2012 as well as a VEGAS INC. Top Lawyer.
- Ms. Armeni has been rated as an “AV/Preeminent Attorney®” by Martindale-Hubbell®. She is also a member of the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada “50 Hours Club” for her donated service.